Tuesday, January 19, 2016

December in a Flash!

December flew by! Maybe it was due in large part to traveling three weekends in a row.


#1, 12/10/15-12/13/15 - Houston!


Home is where the heart is and sooo much of my heart lives in Houston. I traveled to Houston to visit family, see Allie in her acting debut and meet and spend time with Fadya's mom (who was in town from Lebanon).


First stop: lunch with my momma and her momma. We surprised my grandma when we stopped by her house and I jumped out of the car. It's really just the precious little moments with some people that make the most impact! 


The matriarch!


Thursday night I joined my parents, aunt and cousins at Allie's Christmas play. This was big-time, not an elementary school play, but a production at the local community college! She was such a big shot and the cutest little elf.



Sweet Allie!




Saturday-Sunday I got to meet and spend time with one of my favorite ladies in the world and her mom! Fadya and John flew her mom in from Lebanon to spend a month exploring and visiting in Texas. The last time she was in the states was about 30 years ago, so it was a whole new world for her. I'm so glad I was able spend some quality time getting to know her!


Fadya told her about me and how much I love grape leaves and all Mediterranean food, so we spent our Saturday afternoon learning how to and making a feast of grape leaves, tabbouleh, dandelion leaves and potatoes. Un-freakin-believeable!! I was in heaven stuffing my pregnant face with all the deliciousness.


We tried to pay attention and made real big plans of recreating her homemade recipe, but we'll see if/when that happens...

So delicious and so much fun!
--------------------

#2, 12/18/15-12/20/15 - Dallas!


Just to get away and spend some time with the prettiest ladies in Texas, I coordinated a weekend with my college soccer teammates and our mommas. We spent so many days and weekends and games together in college, so it's so fun to meet up and catch up!!


I met mom and Fadya on Friday and we went to the ICE! exhibit at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine. The theme was Christmas Around the World and we really enjoyed the artistry of all the ice carvings. Thank goodness for the big winter coats they provide!





ICE!


We made last minute plans to head to Fort Worth to crash a graduation celebration with Brent and Danielle. The friends you make in college are like no other friends you'll make in your life.



Auntie D loves baby Shults!

Love these people :) 




Saturday was about relaxing, going to the movies and then getting ready for our Girls Night Out! First we had dinner at a great hotel restaurant and rounded out the night at the musical Elf!



Pre-dinner


All the pretty ladies!


Our foundation.
--------------------


#3, Christmas!


I spent Christmas Eve and Day with the fam bam. Unfortunately, I was missing my hubby, but my little man kept momma company with all his wiggling ;)


Next year, we should all be together. I feel like I should start making lists and schedules for the Christmas traditions I want to start and continue with baby. I mean, because I'm sure everything will be smooth and easy and seamless with an 8 month old.



Christmas Eve with the fam!





Christmas Day at my parents is about "Uncle Steve's Fried Ribs," tacky Christmas apparel, moonshine (but not for me), games and laughter. While we surprised everyone in the immediate family with a personalized Yeti cup with their name from baby (Pawpaw, Lala, Uncle Steve 2.0, etc...), Ursula's mom surprised me with a  cake ball bouquet. Wowzer. Check out Diana Mares's D Delights. They are delectable!



My shirt had a gingerbread boy and said "Mommy's Little Man" :)
I missed my hubby, but had a great time with the extended familia!! Now that Christmas was complete, it was officially the final countdown for our vacation-turned-babymoon to St. John and the British Virgin Islands with John and Fadya!


Non-stop traveling,
xoxo,
Marissa








No comments:

Post a Comment