Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Gender Reveal!

[Pregnancy brain is a real thing. I spent time writing this blog, picking and arranging pictures, editing my words and was finally ready to publish. Then instead of publishing, I hit delete. When the website asked me if I was sure, I clicked yes. Without hesitating. Then I wanted to cry, but instead I opened a new post and started over. ugh.]


It was finally time to find out the gender! So many people asked what we were hoping for and so many people said they were hoping for (specifically) Eric to have a little girl. Truth be told, until I found out I was actually pregnant, I always wanted a baby boy first. Once I did find out and I immersed myself in baby searches on Pinterest, I became reallllly open to the idea of tutus and bows and glitter and matching outfits and frilly dresses :) Maybe a mini-me wouldn't be so bad (except for our bank account)...


Timing worked out great to include family in our ultrasound and gender reveal. Almost all our parents were in town to spend Thanksgiving with us. (Eric's mom celebrated in Texas!) The earliest our doc would schedule the gender ultrasound was at 23 weeks. That milestone fell on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, so I booked an appointment. Mom, Dad, Bill, Sharon, Eric and I loaded up to head to the ultrasound appointment!



In the waiting room.
Unfortunately there was some miscommunication, so not EVERYBODY was able to go back in the room during the scan, but we were able to share that moment with Lala and Mimi! Babyzilla was wiggling around in the tight quarters. It's incredible to see the growth in just a few short months. Baby weighed just over a pound and lungs and hearing were developing. Wow. Below are some of the still shots captured while we were watching the big screen.


Baby was flexing for us!

A precious little profile.

Let's be honest, this is kind of a creepy pic!




The world slips away when I see the movement up on the screen, all that matters is the man beside me holding my hand and the little human wiggling around inside my tummy. I almost said to hell with it and asked to see the gender, but Eric encouraged me to hold out so we turned our heads as she went over the baby's bottom.


In the envelope she handed us, she wrote one little word on one little yellow sticky note that would change our lives forever. Somehow, I managed to fold up the envelope and put it in my purse so I could deliver it to Cortney later that evening! 


No idea how I was able to wait!
Back home it was time to get to work. I had wrapped the box before everyone got in town but now it was time to determine where/how to hang the box. Originally we were going to do the reveal on Friday after Thanksgiving, but the weather did not look like it would cooperate (and I would have lost a lot of sleep in anticipation!). Insert mom. She came up with the idea of poking a rod through the top of the box and affixing it to the ceiling of our patio cover. With a few pieces of tape and some strategically tied fishing string, we should be able to release the balloons and streamers.




The dry run.


It was a family affair :)


Putting Grumpy and Daddy to work!
Now that the details were worked out, Mom and I delivered the box and the envelope to Cortney. She would return in a couple hours with the finished product...



The Big Reveal!






A baby boy. Mommy's little man. Daddy's little buddy. We are so happy!


At the last minute, we told her to put an extra piece of tape across the bottom to make sure nothing slipped out. Well, it worked (too well), but we had a quick fix for that pesky piece of tape.


In keeping with the theme of discovery, we had 4 phones and 2 iPads streaming the reveal so we could include family and friends from out of state!


FaceTime with Vicki
Now that we knew, I downloaded all the pics we received earlier that day at the ultrasound appointment. This is a pretty clear picture of my little man and the family jewels. ;) [I pray this is the first and last time for any pic of these family jewels to be on display for the world to see......]



Hard to miss the gender in this shot!


One little word.
I'm so glad we were able to share this moment with so many loved ones!

The next day was Thanksgiving and with so much to be thankful for, we had a beautiful day and delicious feast at our home in OKC. What a week, I needed a nap!

Boy-momming,
xoxo,
Marissa


No comments:

Post a Comment